Information & Guides
So you want to live in a housing co-op...
...or you've heard of housing co-ops and want to know more...
If so, please read on...
- Introduction : So you want to live in a housing co-op... - Basic information on the formation of housing co-ops
- Different types of housing co-ops
- Co-operative principles
- Code of Governance for Housing Co-operatives
- Information for Council tenants
- Information for Housing Association tenants
- Funding for Housing Co-ops
- Finding housing in London
- Glossary of Co-op Housing Terminology
- Co-op Facts from around the world
- Abbreviations: from APPG to UKCC
- Web links to co-ops and resources.
[For more information check out the resources links.]
Housing Co-operatives Flyer 2009
(PDF document, 309 Kb)
Co-operatives UK Co-operative Housing Booklet, June 2008
Co-operatives UK: Meeting housing needs the co-operative way, June 2008
(PDF document, 1093 Kb)
From the content:
- Co-operative values and principles
- Housing co-operatives: putting democracy into housing provision
- Tenants together looking after their estates
- New co-operative models for large-scale social housing
- The co-operative way to make housing more affordable: Mutual Home Ownership
- Co-housing: a co-operative solution to individual housing needs
- The way forward: how government can help develop co-operative housing in Britain
Policies for Housing Co-operatives
The CCH has model policies and procedures available for housing co-operatives covering the following areas:
- breaches of tenancy
- code of conduct
- equal opportunities
- financial standing orders
- rent arrears
- tenancy agreement
More information in the Policy advice section.